Grilled Lebanese Salad Recipe
Amazingly, even our kids eat their greens, herbs and garden veggies when they’re prepared this way. Fresh and healthy never tasted more delicious.—Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium red onions
- 2 medium green peppers
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 cups cubed French bread (3/4-in. cubes)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1. Cut tomatoes and mushrooms in half; place in a large bowl. Cut onions and peppers into 1/2-in.-thick slices; add to bowl. Drizzle with 4 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with garlic salt; toss to coat.
- 2. Place bread cubes in another large bowl. Drizzle with remaining oil. Sprinkle with thyme, oregano, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Thread on metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- 3. Transfer vegetables to a grill wok or basket. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Grill bread cubes, covered, over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted, turning occasionally.
- 4. Coarsely chop the tomatoes, onions and peppers; place in a large bowl. Add the mushrooms, bread cubes, cucumber and basil; drizzle with vinegar and gently toss to coat. Yield: 13 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 113 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Lebanese Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC