Grilled Lamb with Veggies Recipe
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 2 sirloin lamb chops (about 1-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cut each potato into 16 wedges. Divide potatoes and peppers between two pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. squares). Top each with 1/2 cup sauce; set remaining sauce aside. seal foil tightly. Grill vegetable packets and lamb chops, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5 minutes. Turn chops; baste with remaining sauce. Grill 5 minutes longer. Turn and baste again. Grill for 2 minutes or until a meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with vegetables. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 1,051 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 193 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 155 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 72 g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Lamb with Veggies
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.