Lean lamb chops teamed with a colorful medley of vegetables make a special grilled meal that won't leave you with a sinkful of dishes.
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 2 sirloin lamb chops (about 1-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- In a saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cut each potato into 16 wedges. Divide potatoes and peppers between two pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. squares). Top each with 1/2 cup sauce; set remaining sauce aside. seal foil tightly. Grill vegetable packets and lamb chops, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5 minutes. Turn chops; baste with remaining sauce. Grill 5 minutes longer. Turn and baste again. Grill for 2 minutes or until a meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with vegetables. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Lamb with Veggies in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p47
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Grilled Lamb with Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review