Grilled Lamb Kabobs Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups grapefruit juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- CITRUS SALSA:
- 4 medium navel oranges, divided
- 2 medium pink grapefruit
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. For salsa, peel and section two oranges and grapefruit; chop fruit. In a large bowl, combine the fruit, chutney and mint. Cover and refrigerate.
- 3. Peel remaining oranges; cut each into eight wedges. Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or wooden soaked skewers, alternately thread onions, orange wedges, red pepper and lamb.
- 4. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Serve kabobs with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (2 kabobs with 1/2 cup salsa) equals 367 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.