Grilled Lamb Kabobs Recipe
My sister-in-law, who lives in Florida, sends fresh fruit every year at Christmas. I've invented various recipes for using it. We get plenty of snow here, but our grill is always put to good use!
- 1-1/4 cups grapefruit juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- CITRUS SALSA:
- 4 medium navel oranges, divided
- 2 medium pink grapefruit
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- For salsa, peel and section two oranges and grapefruit; chop fruit. In a large bowl, combine the fruit, chutney and mint. Cover and refrigerate.
- Peel remaining oranges; cut each into eight wedges. Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or wooden soaked skewers, alternately thread onions, orange wedges, red pepper and lamb.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Serve kabobs with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Lamb Kabobs in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p37
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Grilled Lamb Kabobs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Grilled Fruit >
- Grilled Kabobs >
- Grilled Lamb >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Lamb >