- 1-1/4 cups grapefruit juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- CITRUS SALSA:
- 4 medium navel oranges, divided
- 2 medium pink grapefruit
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- For salsa, peel and section two oranges and grapefruit; chop fruit. In a large bowl, combine the fruit, chutney and mint. Cover and refrigerate.
- Peel remaining oranges; cut each into eight wedges. Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or wooden soaked skewers, alternately thread onions, orange wedges, red pepper and lamb.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Serve kabobs with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Lamb Kabobs in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p37
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Grilled Lamb Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Grilled Fruit >
- Grilled Kabobs >
- Grilled Lamb >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Lamb >