- chops. Grill lamb and tomato packet, covered, over medium heat for
- 6-8 minutes on each side or until lamb reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Open tomato packet carefully to allow steam to escape; place tomatoes
- in a small bowl. When garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze
- softened garlic over tomatoes; toss to coat. Serve lamb with
- tomatoes and wine sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 lamb chop with 1/4 cup tomatoes and 1-1/2 teaspoons sauce equals 262 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now