- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 6 whole unpeeled garlic cloves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lamb rib or loin chops (6 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in 1 teaspoon oil until tender; add the wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons. Stir in butter and thyme. Remove from the heat; keep warm.
- Place tomatoes on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil. Fold foil around tomatoes and seal tightly; set aside. Repeat with whole garlic cloves and remaining oil. Grill garlic, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the minced garlic, salt and pepper; rub over chops. Grill lamb and tomato packet, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until lamb reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Open tomato packet carefully to allow steam to escape; place tomatoes in a small bowl. When garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze softened garlic over tomatoes; toss to coat. Serve lamb with tomatoes and wine sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Lamb Chops with Wine Sauce
Sort By :
"This is the best recipe for Grilled Lamb Loin Chop. I did make some changes to the recipe though. Instead of fresh onions, I used dehydrated onions for the wine sauce. Be sure to use a good drinking red wine for the sauce, I used Firestone's Cab and it was a good choice. I did not have cherry tomatoes so I passed on the grilled tomato and garlic. The dish came out superb and with a side of garlic mashed potatoes, amazing."