Grilled Jumbo Shrimp Recipe
At your next barbecue, skip the burgers and toss these zippy marinated shrimp on the grill. Grace Yaskovic, a field editor from Lake Hiawatha, New Jersey, dresses up their great grilled flavor with a hint of orange and dashes of ginger and red pepper.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash ground ginger
- 2/3 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 2 tablespoons for basting. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Alternately thread shrimp and tomatoes onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 262 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 230mg cholesterol, 838mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Grilled Jumbo Shrimp
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC