Grilled Jerk Turkey Recipe
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from the turkey. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill turkey, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Cut into slices. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 195 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 481mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Jerk Turkey
"Couple a tips: Try to use Scotch Bonnet peppers if possible- if not, Habaneros are a close second.Cook using Pimento leaf - a few inside the bird - a few in the pan with some water (flavorful Steam)MOST IMPORTANT: A handful of pimento wood chips or flakes - wrapped in foil in oven.Without Pimento wood, you can't call it? Jerk !"