Grilled Jerk Shrimp Orzo Salad Recipe
- 1 large ear sweet corn in husk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 6 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Carefully peel back corn husk to within 1 in. of bottom; remove silk. Brush corn with oil. Rewrap corn in husk and secure with kitchen string. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning often.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- 3. Thread asparagus spears onto two parallel metal or soaked wooden skewers. Rub shrimp with jerk seasoning; thread onto two skewers. Grill asparagus and shrimp, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender and shrimp turn pink, turning once.
- 4. Cut corn from cob; place in a large bowl. Cut asparagus into 1-in. pieces; add to bowl. Add the shrimp, orzo and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
2 cups equals 352 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 719 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Jerk Shrimp Orzo Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.