Grilled Jerk Chops Recipe
- 4 medium limes
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 small fresh pineapple
- 1. Finely grate the peel from one lime; set aside. Squeeze juice from two limes. Cut remaining two limes in half; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the jerk seasoning, oil, lime peel and half of the juice; rub over pork chops. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, peel and quarter pineapple; drizzle with remaining lime juice.
- 3. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chops and pineapple, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145° and pineapple is tender. Grill lime halves for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- 4. Chop pineapple; serve with pork and lime halves. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 3/4 cup pineapple equals 426 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Jerk Chops
"I used boneless chicken breasts since that's all I had but we loved this recipe. Flavorful and the chicken was really moist. The grilled pineapple was great too!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.