Grilled Jerk Chops Recipe
- 4 medium limes
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 small fresh pineapple
- 1. Finely grate the peel from one lime; set aside. Squeeze juice from two limes. Cut remaining two limes in half; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the jerk seasoning, oil, lime peel and half of the juice; rub over pork chops. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, peel and quarter pineapple; drizzle with remaining lime juice.
- 3. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chops and pineapple, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145° and pineapple is tender. Grill lime halves for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- 4. Chop pineapple; serve with pork and lime halves. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 3/4 cup pineapple: 426 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 37g protein
Reviews for Grilled Jerk Chops
"I used boneless chicken breasts since that's all I had but we loved this recipe. Flavorful and the chicken was really moist. The grilled pineapple was great too!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.