Moist and tender chops are treated to a quick, tangy marinade that gives this fresh meal weeknight ease. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 medium limes
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 small fresh pineapple
- Finely grate the peel from one lime; set aside. Squeeze juice from two limes. Cut remaining two limes in half; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the jerk seasoning, oil, lime peel and half of the juice; rub over pork chops. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, peel and quarter pineapple; drizzle with remaining lime juice.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chops and pineapple, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145° and pineapple is tender. Grill lime halves for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Chop pineapple; serve with pork and lime halves. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Jerk Chops in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p10
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Grilled Jerk Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2011
"I used boneless chicken breasts since that's all I had but we loved this recipe. Flavorful and the chicken was really moist. The grilled pineapple was great too!"