- 4 medium limes
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 small fresh pineapple
- Finely grate the peel from one lime; set aside. Squeeze juice from two limes. Cut remaining two limes in half; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the jerk seasoning, oil, lime peel and half of the juice; rub over pork chops. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, peel and quarter pineapple; drizzle with remaining lime juice.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chops and pineapple, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and pineapple is tender. Grill lime halves for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Chop pineapple; serve with pork and lime halves. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Jerk Chops in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p10
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Grilled Jerk Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2011
I used boneless chicken breasts since that's all I had but we loved this recipe. Flavorful and the chicken was really moist. The grilled pineapple was great too!