Grilled Jerk Chicken
For a tasty side dish, try grilling firm bananas. Keeping the peel on, cut them in half horizontally, then spray the cut side with butter-flavored cooking spray. Grill for 1 minute on each side side. Brush the cut side with molasses.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 30 min.
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves with skin (8 ounces each)
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; rub over
- chicken pieces. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Grill the chicken,
- covered, over indirect medium heat for 30-40 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reaches 165° for chicken breasts and
- 170°-175° for thighs. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.