Grilled Jerk Chicken Wings Recipe
- 1/2 cup Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 2-1/2 pounds chicken wingettes and drumettes
- 2 cups honey barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place jerk seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, mustard and ginger; set aside.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken wings, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Brush with sauce mixture. Grill or broil 8-10 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting and turning several times. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Grilled Jerk Chicken Wings
Sort By :
When I made these, I BBQ'd them, basted with the sauce and then sprinkled them with the jerk seasoning liberally. It was better than shaking them in the bag and also the seasoning wouldn't come off when you basted them with the sauce doing it my way... I used drumsticks and thighs. I also sprinkled a little garlic powder and mixed in a teaspoon of sesame oil and a teaspoon of chili paste for a little bit of heat in the basting sauce. They were delicious.
We love the Caribbean Jerk chicken that's served at a local restaurant. This was better than that! Delicious! and very easy to prepare. I used boneless skinless chicken thighs because they grill well without drying out. I used KC Masterpiece Honey BBQ sauce. Put a ton of the sauce on the chicken and still had half left over. My husband said we should plan to serve this dish at our next dinner party.
You really need pimento wood to make these even better. Pimento wood is easily found on line and the smoke from the wood makes all the difference.
These were just OK for us. I think 1/2 c. of Jerk Seasoning is way too much for 18 drumettes.
This is AMAZING!! My husband loves Jerk Chicken and so I thought I'd try these. I'm not usually successful with wings, but followed these directions and yummo! I had about 1/4 cup of jerk seasoning but was enough! I used spicy brown mustard too! SOO Good!!