Grilled Jerk Chicken Wings Recipe
I have been making this recipe ever since I can remember…and every time I have a party. It's so simple to fix, doesn't take a lot of ingredients or time, and is always a favorite with my guests. You can change it up for different crowds by varying the seasoning for a mild to extra-spicy kick. —Caren Adams, Fontana, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 1/2 cup Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 2-1/2 pounds chicken wingettes and drumettes
- 2 cups honey barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. Place jerk seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, mustard and ginger; set aside.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken wings, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 3. Brush with sauce mixture. Grill or broil 8-10 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting and turning several times. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC