For a tasty side dish, try grilling firm bananas. Keeping the peel on, cut them in half horizontally, then spray the cut side with butter-flavored cooking spray. Grill for 1 minute on each side side. Brush the cut side with molasses.
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves with skin (8 ounces each)
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; rub over chicken pieces. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Grill the chicken, covered, over indirect medium heat for 30-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 165° for chicken breasts and 170°-175° for thighs. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Jerk Chicken in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p118
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Jerk Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review