Grilled Jalapenos Recipe
When barbecuing the friends at her Cleveland, Texas home, Catherine Hollie also uses the grill to serve up hot appetizers. "These crowd-pleasing stuffed peppers have a bit of bite," she relates. "They were concocted by my son."
- 24 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 3/4 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 12 bacon strips, halved
- 1. Wash peppers and remove stems. Cut a slit along one side of each pepper. Remove seeds; rinse and dry peppers.
- 2. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stuff peppers with sausage and wrap with bacon; secure with a toothpick.
- 3. Grill peppers, uncovered, over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until tender and bacon is crisp, turning frequently. Yield: 2 dozen.
2 jalapenos equals 192 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC