When barbecuing the friends at her Cleveland, Texas home, Catherine Hollie also uses the grill to serve up hot appetizers. "These crowd-pleasing stuffed peppers have a bit of bite," she relates. "They were concocted by my son."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 24 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 12 bacon strips, halved
- Wash peppers and remove stems. Cut a slit along one side of each
- pepper. Remove seeds; rinse and dry peppers.
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stuff peppers with sausage and wrap with bacon; secure with a
- Grill peppers, uncovered, over medium heat for about 15 minutes or
- until tender and bacon is crisp, turning frequently. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 2 jalapenos equals 192 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.