Grilled Jalapenos Recipe
- 24 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 12 bacon strips, halved
- 1. Wash peppers. Cut a slit along one side of each pepper. Remove seeds; rinse and dry peppers.
- 2. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stuff peppers with sausage and wrap with bacon; secure with soaked toothpicks.
- 3. Grill peppers, uncovered, turning frequently, over medium heat until tender and bacon is crisp, about 15 minutes. Yield: 2 dozen.
2 each: 192 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Jalapenos
"why does the recipe pic show stemmed peppers, but the recipe itself says" remove the stems"? Get it together, people."
"Great to prepare for guests who are on a carb-free or dairy free diet. Easy to assemble early in the day and place on grill when guests arrive. Try maple bacon!"
"I mixed cheese with the sausage. I can't go to a party without bringing these. I had disappointed guests at my xmas party because I made something different. tasty and easy. wear gloves for a pain free experience"
"add shredded chedder cheese..."
"My husband has been making them for years. He uses the meat from Johnsonville brats. Remove the meat from the casings. No need to cook first. Just stuff inside the peppers, wrap with bacon and grill. Awesome!!!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.