When barbecuing the friends at her Cleveland, Texas home, Catherine Hollie also uses the grill to serve up hot appetizers. "These crowd-pleasing stuffed peppers have a bit of bite," she relates. "They were concocted by my son."
- 24 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 12 bacon strips, halved
- Wash peppers and remove stems. Cut a slit along one side of each pepper. Remove seeds; rinse and dry peppers.
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stuff peppers with sausage and wrap with bacon; secure with a toothpick.
- Grill peppers, uncovered, over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until tender and bacon is crisp, turning frequently. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Grilled Jalapenos in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p19
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Grilled Jalapenos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review