Grilled Italian Sausage with Sweet and Sour Peppers
Brought to you by Johnsonville® Sausage
8 ServingsPrep: 18 min. Cook: 24 min.
- 2 packages (19 ounces each) Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut in quarters and seeded
- 2 medium sweet red bell peppers, cut in quarters and seeded
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 roll (18 ounces) prepared polenta, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- In a small non-stick skillet, toast almonds over medium heat for 1-2
- Stir in raisins; remove from heat. Let stand for 1 minute. Add
- vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Return to medium-low heat, cook and
- stir until sugar is dissolved and set aside.
- Preheat gas grill to medium-low. If charcoal, allow it to burn until
- white ash has formed on coals.