- 2 packages (19 ounces each) Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut in quarters and seeded
- 2 medium sweet red bell peppers, cut in quarters and seeded
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 roll (18 ounces) prepared polenta, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- In a small non-stick skillet, toast almonds over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in raisins; remove from heat. Let stand for 1 minute. Add vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Return to medium-low heat, cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and set aside.
- Preheat gas grill to medium-low. If charcoal, allow it to burn until white ash has formed on coals.
- In a bowl, combine peppers and onion wedges. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat.
- Place sausages and vegetables on grill, and use tongs to turn often.
- Grill covered for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and browned and vegetables are tender.
- While sausages and vegetables are grilling, brush polenta slices with Italian dressing. Carefully place on grill, grill for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted.
- Remove vegetables from grill. Place in a large bowl, add prepared almond mixture; toss gently.
- On a large platter, arrange grilled sausages, vegetables and polenta. Serve. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Italian Sausage with Sweet and Sour Peppers in Johnsonville® Sausage 2014
Reviews for Grilled Italian Sausage with Sweet and Sour Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2014