- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- 1 cup roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight burgers.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Sprinkle burgers with cheese; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Remove and keep warm.
- Grill or broil rolls for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Serve burgers on rolls with spaghetti sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Italian Meatball Burgers
"The kids loved them!"
"Great recipe! Will definitely make again. It may even become a family favorite! I served it with homemade seasoned french fries."
"I just found this recipe and it sure sounds good. Papa Bob, you're a real Italian. You called it gravy instead of sauce. LOL! Can't wait to give this a try."
"This wasn't written just for you, I like salt. Burger is great as is, but , I added more gravey and cheese to the buns."
"This is how I make my burgers except the sausage (that's what makes it salty)Next time I make burgers I'll add the sausage for a more Italian taste."
"This is such a fun way to enjoy Italian flavors! I thought it was a bit subtle in flavor when we made it the first time, but now we find ourselves craving this excellent burger!"
"not everyone is trying to reduce their salt. leave it out then."
"Then don't use salt."
"Way to salty, people are trying to reduce their salt limit and th one has 743mg. ????"