- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- 1 cup roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight burgers.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Sprinkle burgers with cheese; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Remove and keep warm.
- Grill or broil rolls for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Serve burgers on rolls with spaghetti sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Italian Meatball Burgers
"The kids loved them!"
"Great recipe! Will definitely make again. It may even become a family favorite! I served it with homemade seasoned french fries."
"I just found this recipe and it sure sounds good. Papa Bob, you're a real Italian. You called it gravy instead of sauce. LOL! Can't wait to give this a try."
"This wasn't written just for you, I like salt. Burger is great as is, but , I added more gravey and cheese to the buns."
"This is how I make my burgers except the sausage (that's what makes it salty)Next time I make burgers I'll add the sausage for a more Italian taste."