Grilled Italian Eggplant Slices Recipe
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 10 slices
- 10 slices tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- 2. Grill eggplant, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes. Turn slices; spoon Parmesan mixture onto each. Top with tomato; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Grill, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
2 eggplant slices equals 134 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat.