- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 10 slices
- 10 slices tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- Grill eggplant, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes. Turn slices; spoon Parmesan mixture onto each. Top with tomato; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Grill, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Italian Eggplant Slices
Sort By :
Very good. I would give this 4 1/2 stars. Great vegetarian main dish. I served it with a simple basil/parsley angel hair pasta side dish and some grilled garlic bread.
Prepared this recipe as directed, using fresh garden tomatoes. The only change was to add more garlic. Excellent flavor and very satisfying. I will definitely make this again.
We tried it both with and without the skin on the eggplant but either way we just did not like it.
I didn't have fresh oregano and used dried. It was very tasty.
I absolutely would make this recipe again-so very yummy and quick too!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Father's Day Side Dishes >
- Grilled Vegetables >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Side Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Side Dish Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >