What a fabulous way to dress up eggplant! Piled high with herbs, cheese and fresh tomatoes, this fail-proof, grilled side nicely complements a variety of main dishes. —Theresa LaSalle, Midlothian, Virginia
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 10 slices
- 10 slices tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- Grill eggplant, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes. Turn slices; spoon Parmesan mixture onto each. Top with tomato; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Grill, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Italian Eggplant Slices in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010, p53
Reviews for Grilled Italian Eggplant Slices
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review