Grilled Italian Burgers Recipe
When all I had available was ground beef and I was tired of plain-old hamburgers, I invented these. A good dose of Italian seasonings and mozzarella makes them unique. They're great with homemade French fries for a quick meal. —Rebekah Beyer, Sabetha, KS
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- Marinara or spaghetti sauce, warmed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup cheese and seasonings. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- 2. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; grill, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with marinara sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger (calculated without marinara sauce) equals 279 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Italian Burgers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC