Grilled Italian Burgers
When all I had available was ground beef and I was tired of plain-old hamburgers, I invented these. A good dose of Italian seasonings and mozzarella makes them unique. They're great with homemade French fries for a quick meal. —Rebekah Beyer, Sabetha, KS
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- Marinara or spaghetti sauce, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup cheese and seasonings. Add beef; mix
- lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle
- with remaining cheese; grill, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until
- cheese is melted. Serve with marinara sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger (calculated without marinara sauce) equals 279 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.