When all I had available was ground beef and I was tired of plain-old hamburgers, I invented these. A good dose of Italian seasonings and mozzarella makes them unique. They're great with homemade French fries for a quick meal. —Rebekah Beyer, Sabetha, KS
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- Marinara or spaghetti sauce, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup cheese and seasonings. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; grill, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with marinara sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Italian Burgers in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013, p14
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Italian Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2013
"a nice alternative to regular burgers! I used Borden's new ital cheese slices instead of topping it with shredded cheese (too messy)"