When all I had available was ground beef and I was tired of plain-old hamburgers, I invented these. A good dose of Italian seasonings and mozzarella makes them unique. They're great with homemade French fries for a quick meal. —Rebekah Beyer, Sabetha, KS
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- Marinara or spaghetti sauce, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup cheese and seasonings. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; grill, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with marinara sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Italian Burgers in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013, p14
Reviews for Grilled Italian Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2013
"a nice alternative to regular burgers! I used Borden's new ital cheese slices instead of topping it with shredded cheese (too messy)"