Living in California, we grill year-round and tend to get tired of the same old thing. My family loves this version of potato salad. I usually make this with Italian flavors, but you can use anything you want.
Recommended: 30 Recipes for Summer Salads
- 3 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 1 large red onion, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, halved and seeded
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound hard salami, cubed
- 8 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, well drained and chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup Greek olives, chopped
- Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes, onion and sweet pepper with oil, salt and pepper. Transfer vegetables to a grill wok or basket; place on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or boil 4 in. from heat 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; transfer to a large bowl. Coarsely chop onion and sweet pepper; add to potato mixture. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 20 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Grilled Italian Potato Salad in Grill It Bookazine 2016, p105
Reviews for Grilled Italian Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review