- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 24 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 5 pounds)
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Reserve 1-1/3 cups for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add 12 chicken thighs to each; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Huli Huli Chicken
Sort By :
"Have made this one several times. Never any left. I only marinated for about three hours. Flavor was great."
"We really liked this one! I baked it instead of grilling and it turned out really good!"
"I made this recipe as written but cut it in half. Cooked it on my indoor grill because of a roaring thunderstorm. Served it with a seven spice rice. Very delicious! Will make it again."
"Tried this the last time it was posted. Did not like. Delete recipe."
"This is the best BBQ chicken I have ever had. I have been using it for several years now and every time I made it, people ask me what I used to marinate my chicken. I also used it on pork tenderloin. Delicious!!!!! It is my to go recipe. Thank you for sharing this great recipe."