- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 24 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 5 pounds)
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Reserve 1-1/3 cups for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add 12 chicken thighs to each; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Huli Huli Chicken
"I used this on chicken breasts, and my family enjoyed it. Turned out quite moist!"
"Disappointing. My family found it just ok. Nothing special. There are better grilled chicken recipes out there."
"I followed this recipe exactly and it turned out...AMAZING!!! My husband and I enjoyed it immensely!! Thank you very much for sharing - I can't wait to make it again!"
"The BEST Huli Huli chicken recipe EVER! I have made it twice in one week."
"Delicious, a hit with the entire family!"