- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 24 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 5 pounds)
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Reserve 1-1/3 cups for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add 12 chicken thighs to each; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Huli Huli Chicken
Sort By :
"Hubby made and was very tender, juicy and really good flavor. Only thing he did different was add some red pepper."
"This chicken was delicious!"
"Have made this one several times. Never any left. I only marinated for about three hours. Flavor was great."
"We really liked this one! I baked it instead of grilling and it turned out really good!"
"I made this recipe as written but cut it in half. Cooked it on my indoor grill because of a roaring thunderstorm. Served it with a seven spice rice. Very delicious! Will make it again."