- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 24 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 5 pounds)
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Reserve 1-1/3 cups for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add 12 chicken thighs to each; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Huli Huli Chicken
Sort By :
Kids and husband LOVED it..!!
I made this recipe last weekend. My whole family loved the flavor. This is a keeper and i will be making it again. Thank you for the recipe.
Tried this last summer and it was a big hit with everyone. Just delicious and so tender! I then lost the recipe and have been looking everywhere. I was searching for it by the wrong name. Finally our favorite chicken marinade recipe is now in a very safe place. Will be fixing it this weekend.
Husband says its better than bbq!
Delicious! I used boneless skinless chicken breasts and added 1 tsp. sriracha and 1/2 tsp. liquid smoke to the marinade. Served with macaroni salad and King Hawaiian rolls. Very moist and flavorful. Adding it to my regular rotation.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Make Ahead Dinner Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >