- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 24 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 5 pounds)
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Reserve 1-1/3 cups for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add 12 chicken thighs to each; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Huli Huli Chicken
"So easy and so good! I made the recipe exact, just cut it in half. After eating it though wish I hadn't, would have enjoyed leftovers. The chicken was so flavorful and moist, marinated overnight. Thanks for sharing recipe!"
"I have made this several times and it is consistently delicious! I omit the sherry/chicken broth."
"This was delicious and easy to fix. Will definitely do this again."
"A family favorite! Marinade for a full 24 hours for an all-out knock-your-socks-off taste."
"This moist, flavorful chicken was a big hit! I will definitely be using this recipe again!"
"We enjoyed this recipe. l will make it again. We liked the sweetness the chicken had."
"I used this on chicken breasts, and my family enjoyed it. Turned out quite moist!"
"Disappointing. My family found it just ok. Nothing special. There are better grilled chicken recipes out there."