- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 24 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 5 pounds)
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Reserve 1-1/3 cups for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add 12 chicken thighs to each; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Huli Huli Chicken
"The BEST Huli Huli chicken recipe EVER! I have made it twice in one week."
"Delicious, a hit with the entire family!"
"used skin on, bone-in chicken thighs and drumsticks...but followed the recipe exactly in every other way. The neighbor leaned over the fence while we were grilling it to remark how amazing it smelled! This is definitely a keeper. The taste is out of this world."
"Awesome marinade/sauce! I added some hot pepper paste and peri peri seasoning (a Northern Africa pepper blend containing fenugreek)."
"Very good chicken recipe! Moist and good flavor!"