- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 24 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 5 pounds)
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Reserve 1-1/3 cups for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add 12 chicken thighs to each; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Huli Huli Chicken
Sort By :
"Tasty, good way to make grilled chicken. Followed the recipe as is and didn't think it needed to be altered at all."
"Great sauce. I browned 4 chicken thighs in a skillet . Meanwhile I made 1/2 the sauce in a saucepan, reduced it slightly then added the sauce to the skillet over the chicken. It continued to reduce while the chicken continued to cook. I served it all over rice. It was very tasty and tender. Quick and easy.. servings 2"
"I followed this recipe as is and my husband grilled it up for our Super Bowl party. We got rave reviews and look forward to making this again soon."
"Hubby made and was very tender, juicy and really good flavor. Only thing he did different was add some red pepper."
"This chicken was delicious!"