Grilled Honey-Mustard Brats Recipe
- 1 cup honey mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 8 uncooked Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst
- 8 brat buns
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and celery seed. Pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add bratwurst. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Transfer 1/4 cup of the sauce to another bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving. Set aside remaining sauce for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill brats, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10 minutes, turning frequently. Baste with 2 tablespoons of reserved sauce; grill 3 minutes longer.
- Turn and baste with remaining sauce; grill or broil 3-5 minutes longer or until no longer pink. Serve brats on buns; top each with 1-1/2 teaspoons sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Honey-Mustard Brats(14)
Sort By :
These were great, I cooked them on the stove in my grill pan since I don't have a grill.
I made my own honey mustard for this recipe. The recipe turned out great. We will definitely be making this again. It was very simple and quick. It was great for a week night dinner. I had not tried honey mustard with Bratwurst before this but the flavors really go well together!
A great and easy was to add "oomph" to a bbq picnic. These are hearty and pair well with so many picnic foods. Try them with Taste of Home Three-Bean Bake Recipe.
Honey mustard is available everywhere. Try Walmart. I would not par-boil. Leaving them on the grill till they just split adds the true brat flavor you are really looking for. Make sure you buy the best sausage buns available and toast on grill. Make sure you turn with anything but a fork. Puncture wounds can really cost you flavor. Our go-to brats are from Publix supermarket. But any deli brat will give you a better meal.
Chatykathy45, honey mustard is available in most grocery stores in the mustard section of the condiment aisle. I can usually find name brands as well as store brands.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >