Grilled Honey-Garlic Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, honey, thyme, red pepper flakes, pepper and salt if desired. Reserve half of marinade for basting; cover.
- 2. Cut chicken into 1-in. wide strips; weave on skewers. Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. glass baking dish. Pour remaining marinade over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Brush frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared without added salt) equals 4 lean meat, 1 fat; also, 272 calories, 65 mg sodium, 73 mg cholesterol, 3 gm carbohydrate, 27 gm protein, 17 gm fat.
Reviews for Grilled Honey-Garlic Chicken Kabobs
"This was so easy to prepare and so delicious!! My husband and I really enjoyed this. I added cherry tomatoes, squash, zucchini and red onion to my skewers, which I also marinated."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.