Grilled Herbed Salmon Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 salmon fillet (2-1/2 to 3 pounds and 3/4 inch thick)
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted; set aside.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Baste with butter sauce. Grill or broil 10-15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (6 ounces) equals 365 calories, 27 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 342 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.