- 2 tablespoons dill seed, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; rub over pork roast.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat; place a pan of water in the center. Grill roast, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Herbed Pork Roast in Country Extra July 2003, p49
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Grilled Herbed Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2011
"Great pork roast BBQ over mesquite coals for Easter. Family hit! Meat was tender and flavorful, very easy!"