During the summer, we enjoy cooking outdoors on our gas grill, and this is one of our favorite ways to prepare pork.
- 2 tablespoons dill seed, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; rub over pork roast.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat; place a pan of water in the center. Grill roast, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Herbed Pork Roast in Country Extra July 2003, p49
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Grilled Herbed Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2011
"Great pork roast BBQ over mesquite coals for Easter. Family hit! Meat was tender and flavorful, very easy!"