Grilled Havarti & Mushrooms
There's nothing like the first bite of this sandwich. A crisp buttery exterior gives way to creamy dilled cheese and fresh mushrooms. My friend said she never liked grilled cheese until she tried mine! —Judith Politzer, Burton, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 ounces Havarti cheese with dill, thinly sliced
- 8 slices onion rye or other bakery bread (round loaf)
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Place half of the cheese on four bread slices; top with tomatoes,
- mushrooms and remaining cheese. Spread outsides of sandwiches with
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat for 3-4 minutes
- on each side or golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 653 calories, 40 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 1,122 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 28 g protein.