Grilled Havarti & Mushrooms Recipe
There's nothing like the first bite of this sandwich. A crisp buttery exterior gives way to creamy dilled cheese and fresh mushrooms. My friend said she never liked grilled cheese until she tried mine! —Judith Politzer, Burton, Ohio
- 12 ounces Havarti cheese with dill, thinly sliced
- 8 slices onion rye or other bakery bread (round loaf)
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1. Place half of the cheese on four bread slices; top with tomatoes, mushrooms and remaining cheese. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- 2. In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich: 653 calories, 40g fat (24g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 1122mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for Grilled Havarti & Mushrooms
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2013
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC