There's nothing like the first bite of this sandwich. A crisp buttery exterior gives way to creamy dilled cheese and fresh mushrooms. My friend said she never liked grilled cheese until she tried mine! —Judith Politzer, Burton, Ohio
- 12 ounces Havarti cheese with dill, thinly sliced
- 8 slices onion rye or other bakery bread (round loaf)
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Place half of the cheese on four bread slices; top with tomatoes, mushrooms and remaining cheese. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Havarti & Mushrooms in Taste of Home February/March 2013
Reviews for Grilled Havarti & Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2013