Even when I know we won't be eating all eight burgers, I make the whole recipe and freeze the leftovers already grilled. Warmed in the microwave, they make a quick meal and taste fresh off the grill!Marcille Meyer, Battle Creek, Nebraska
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 teaspoons finely diced green pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 8 hamburger buns
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Sliced tomato, optional
- Combine first nine ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Shape
- into eight patties. Grill until burgers reach desired doneness.
- Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 341 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 686 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as