Grilled Ham Steaks
Searching for a mouthwatering entree that doesn't require loads of time and effort? These savory ham slices from Sandy Morris of Lititz, Pennsylvania are marinaded and basted in a molasses-clove sauce and grilled to perfection.Sandy Morris, Lititz, Pennsylvania
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 bone-in fully cooked ham steaks (1 pound each and 3/8 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1-1/2 cups
- into a large resealable plastic bag; add ham steaks. Seal bag and
- turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Cover and refrigerate
- remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill ham
- steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for
- 10-15 minutes or until heated through, turning and basting
- frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 12 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.