Searching for a mouthwatering entree that doesn't require loads of time and effort? These savory ham slices from Sandy Morris of Lititz, Pennsylvania are marinaded and basted in a molasses-clove sauce and grilled to perfection.—Sandy Morris, Lititz, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 bone-in fully cooked ham steaks (1 pound each and 3/8 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1-1/2 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add ham steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill ham steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until heated through, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Ham Steaks in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p41
Reviews forGrilled Ham Steaks
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2014
"Good recipe, super simple and unique flavor from the clove. I served this with mashed potatoes and corn on the cob."