Grilled Ham Slices
A simply spiced marinade gives mild sweet flavor to these tender grilled ham slices. "It's very good served with scrambled eggs for brunch," recommends Rita Deere of Evansville, Indiana. "We round out the meal with melon balls and buttered toast."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 fully cooked ham slices (about 1 pound each)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup sherry or apple juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place ham in a large resealable plastic bag. In a bowl, combine the
- remaining ingredients; mix well. Remove 1/2 cup for basting; cover
- and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade over ham; seal bag and turn
- to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill ham, uncovered, over medium-hot
- heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, basting frequently with the
- reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.