Grilled Ham and Egg Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- 6 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices whole wheat or white bread
- Canola oil
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Combine eggs, ham, celery, onion, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper; spread on six slices of bread. Top with remaining bread and set aside. In a bowl, whisk batter ingredients until well blended.
- Heat about 1/2 in. of oil in a large deep skillet. Dip sandwiches into batter. Fry in hot oil for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Ham and Egg Salad Sandwiches(3)
Sort By :
These sandwhiches are so good! Can't wait to make them again.
I made this recipe for supper a lot of times before I let someone borrow the copy it was in. Thank goodness I found the recipe again. I have been craving these sandwiches.
I have been making these for years. They are the best egg salad sandwiches I have ever tasted.