An aunt shared this wonderful recipe with me years ago when I was looking for some low-budget meals. The hearty ham and toasted bread make it a deliciously different kind of egg salad sandwich. -Beverly Stiger, Wolf Creek, Montana
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices whole wheat or white bread
- Canola oil
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Combine eggs, ham, celery, onion, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper; spread on six slices of bread. Top with remaining bread and set aside. In a bowl, whisk batter ingredients until well blended.
- Heat about 1/2 in. of oil in a large deep skillet. Dip sandwiches into batter. Fry in hot oil for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Ham and Egg Salad Sandwiches in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p25
Reviews for Grilled Ham and Egg Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review