Grilled Ham 'n' Jack Cheese Recipe
Hefty Grilled Ham ‘n’ Jack Cheese sandwiches from Jayne Ward in Eldon, Missouri are "fast, filling and nice enough to serve company,” she says.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices Texas toast
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 thin slices deli ham
- 4 slices red onion, optional
- 4 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- 4 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 1. Butter one side of each slice of Texas toast. On the unbuttered sides of four slices, layer the cheddar cheese, half of the ham, onion if desired and remaining ham; spread with ranch dressing. Top with pepper Jack cheese and remaining toast, buttered side up.
- 2. In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC