Grilled Ham 'n' Jack Cheese
Hefty Grilled Ham ‘n’ Jack Cheese sandwiches from Jayne Ward in Eldon, Missouri are "fast, filling and nice enough to serve company,” she says.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices Texas toast
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 thin slices deli ham
- 4 slices red onion, optional
- 4 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- 4 slices pepper Jack cheese
- Butter one side of each slice of Texas toast. On the unbuttered sides
- of four slices, layer the cheddar cheese, half of the ham, onion if
- desired and remaining ham; spread with ranch dressing. Top with
- pepper Jack cheese and remaining toast, buttered side up.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes
- on each side or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.