- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices Texas toast
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 thin slices deli ham
- 4 slices red onion, optional
- 4 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- 4 slices pepper Jack cheese
- Butter one side of each slice of Texas toast. On the unbuttered sides of four slices, layer the cheddar cheese, half of the ham, onion if desired and remaining ham; spread with ranch dressing. Top with pepper Jack cheese and remaining toast, buttered side up.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Ham 'n' Jack Cheese in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p25
Reviews for Grilled Ham 'n' Jack Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 20, 2010
"This is my husband's favorite sandwich. He loves the flavor and how filling it is."