Grilled Halibut with Blueberry Salsa Recipe
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 halibut fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, coarsely mash 1 cup blueberries. Stir in the onion, cilantro, jalapeno, orange juice, vinegar, 1 teaspoon oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, pepper and remaining blueberries. Cover and chill until serving.
- 2. Meanwhile, drizzle fillets with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining salt. Grill halibut, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 239 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 521mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Halibut with Blueberry Salsa
"But I would only make it again because my husband liked it. I didn't like it at all. We used huckleberries rather then blueberries. Put in 1 or 2 tablespoons of sugar (because huckleberries are tarter) and I used just a very few think slices of onion but even at that it was way too onion-e for me. We drizzle honey over our fish which DH said made the flavor even better. Not my thing.."
"This salsa is fantastic! It is also great over chicken or even to dip tortilla chips!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.