Give halibut a new, summery spin. The salsa may seem sophisticated, but it’s really a cinch to prepare. —Donna Goutermont, Juneau, Alaska
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 halibut fillets (5 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, coarsely mash 1 cup blueberries. Stir in the onion, cilantro, jalapeno, orange juice, vinegar, 1 teaspoon oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, pepper and remaining blueberries. Cover and chill until serving.
- Meanwhile, drizzle fillets with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining salt. Grill halibut, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Halibut with Blueberry Salsa in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010, p50
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Halibut with Blueberry Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review